EDEN RITCHIE RECRUITMENT
PRIVACY ACT AWARENESS STATEMENT
National Privacy Principles
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 apply to EDEN RITCHIE RECRUITMENT.
Our Commitment to maintaining your privacy:
Your security and privacy are important to us. We will ensure that we take all measures to protect the information of candidates, clients, suppliers and employees.
We collect Personal Information for the purposes of providing recruitment related services to our clients, candidates and employees and for the purposes of better customising our services to you. Any Personal Information collected from you will be used by us in accordance with and as described in this Privacy Statement.
Type of Personal Information Collected and Held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Work performance information;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Staff information;
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships;
- Information relating to remuneration, bank account details and other financial information as legally required;
- Sensitive Information consented to be used for the purposes of security clearances, probity checks, testing and insurance purposes.
Purposes for which We Hold Personal Information
We primarily hold personal information for the following (in some cases we may only disclose your information with your consent):
- Placement operations;
- Payment schedules;
- Recruitment and assessment services;
- Reference checks;
- Security clearances, testing, probity and qualification checks and insurance purposes;
- Staff management including performance and appraisals;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Business Development.
How your information will be collected:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you lodge your resume with us either by email, online from our website or an advertisement or third-party website, mail or any other means, whether as an application for a particular position or to request registration with Eden Ritchie Recruitment for future opportunities.
During the registration process our consultants will ask you questions relating to your work history and future career path. To enable the consultants to refer back to the comments made during your meeting, we may use a scribing pen, which captures the conversation via digital audio recording technology. Please ensure you let the consultant know if you are not comfortable with this and do not wish your meeting to be recorded.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive confirmation of your tertiary qualifications as and when required;
- we receive the results of any security check, probity check, competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. In some cases, we may only disclose information by first obtaining your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information from time to time that we consider may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these at any time by the direct unsubscribe link or by advising us through your Recruitment Consultant, the Privacy Co-ordinator or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors are under duty to keep information confidential and secure. Our contractors may see some of your personal information. Typically, our contractors would include IT contractors, database designers and advertising agencies.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
We maintain strict standards and security procedures including storage of personal information in secure Databases. We take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We retain information you provide to us and which we collect about you, including personal information for as long as we continue to provide services to you and specifically until such time as you advise you no longer require our services and/or request us to delete your information. If you have been successfully placed in a contractor or permanent role by Eden Ritchie Recruitment, under legislation your records will be retained for 7 years.
If you are a member of the EU and wish to exercise your rights to be forgotten, data portability or right to restriction of processing data please advise our Privacy Co-ordinator. Note: There are certain conditions where some limited information must be kept for legal reasons if you have been placed in a role however this will be discussed with you if you request the right to ‘be forgotten’.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate you should contact our Privacy Co-ordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity. You may also request your personal information to be deleted. You should be aware that we are required by law to retain certain personal information (such as payroll records) and such information will not be deleted. We will let you know if we cannot delete your personal information for legal or other reasons.
We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Co-ordinator would discuss these with you. You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Enquiries and Complaints
You can make further enquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Privacy Co-ordinator whose contact details are:
TITLE: Operations Manager / Privacy Co-ordinator
TEL. (07) 3230 0033
POST: GPO Box 1157, Brisbane, Qld 4000
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. https://www.oaic.gov.au/