As an integral part of this team, the Solution Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership for a System upgrade project. This includes strategically designing and implementing technology solution/s so that they meet the clients’ needs and requirements.
Furthermore, the Solution Architect will be required to:
- Collaboration with other team members as well as the technical project manager, business analyst, enterprise architects, external vendors and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define solution architectures.
- Take accountability for applying governance processes to ensure the quality assurance of products delivered by internal and external suppliers.
- Research, analyse, interpret and report on a range of possible solution options in relation to business and technical issues, relevant to the associated deliverables.
- Assist in the identification, addressing and scheduling of issues, risks and solutions that may impact the successful implementation of the project
To be successful in this position, you will have a strong demonstrated background across:
- Demonstrated architecture and design experience, particularly mission and business critical communication and/or CAD systems where business continuity is paramount to an organisation. Experience working in an emergency services organisation would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in integration solution design.
- Proven knowledge of PRINCE2 and/or P3MO
- Knowledge and certifications in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and/or IT Service Management would be advantageous
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and design frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- Previous experience in human-centred design and design thinking would be advantageous.