Senior Procurement Officer
Eden Ritchie is seeking a Senior Procurement Officer who will be responsible for driving the delivery of value for money for the Capacity Expansion Program through the implementation of best practice procurement and sourcing methodologies.
- 6 month contract with potential to go Permanent
- Bowen Hills location
As the Senior Procurement Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of sourcing plans and approaches for specific procurement projects that are based on identified needs and priorities and deliver increased value for money.
- Project manage the implementation of planned procurement initiatives, utilising relevant value creation levers such as reduced scope and standardisation of products.
- Ensure standard procurement processes that comply with Department governance requirements are adhered to and identify any opportunities to improve those processes.
- Identify and share opportunities to maximise the value that can be secured from procurement initiatives undertaken.
- Foster and maintain outstanding relationships with relevant key supplier and customer stakeholders in order to drive better value outcomes and maximise benefits.
- Experience in the procurement of major medical equipment or in capital programs is desirable
- Identify and socialise potential procurement opportunities and solutions with supplier and customers, working closely with them to support and inform state-wide strategies and priorities.
- Develop relationships with other Senior Procurement Officers and with Category Specialists to drive maximum benefit from initiatives.
- Ensure adequate analysis and planning is undertaken to underpin effective supplier negotiations so that supply negotiations are in accordance with sourcing plans and deliver strategic commercial agreements that optimise value for money.
- Implement contracts that incorporate appropriate performance incentives to lock in procured value and put in place effective contract management arrangements.
- Put in place benefits realisation reporting for all activities undertaken and monitor outcomes.
- Ensure that processes are in place to effectively manage supplier performance and to ensure that procured value is fully delivered. Proactively identify any actual/potential performance escalation issues and provide analysis to support the discussion and resolution of those issues with the relevant suppliers. Ensure that contingency plans are developed for key suppliers and services as required.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Demonstrable experience in leading the development and implementation of procurement projects and associated procurement and sourcing initiatives and plans that deliver measurable increases in value for money.
- Demonstrated experience implementing contract and supplier management strategies and techniques, including strong negotiation skills; ability to tender evaluation processes (leading to contract award for complex tenders) and ability to manage resolve supplier performance issues to ensure procured value is fully delivered.
- Demonstrable experience in handling complex customer issues, including the ability to support internal customers in the development of specifications and ensuring that materials/services are delivered according to contract.
If this role sounds like you, please APPLY NOW submitting your resume in WORD format.
If you would like more information or to discuss the role, please contact Alison Detaille on 07 3230 0038
Job Reference: 593318
To apply for this job please visit apply.recruitwizard.com.