Eden Ritchie is seeking a Manager Budget who will be responsible for the ongoing oversight and delivery of management accounting activities across the department and providing effective budget planning and financial performance reporting frameworks to help the department achieve its strategic objectives and fiscal sustainability.
- 5 month contract with possible extension
- Brisbane CBD location
As the Manager Budget, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the provision of high-level financial analysis and advice, and support staff at all levels including executive management teams and core business staff, on a diverse range of budget management, resource allocation and financial performance matters.
- Lead the development and monitoring of the Department’s annual budget and forward estimates update processes, including the preparation of materials and analysis required for annual Budget Papers, Service Delivery Statements, budget submissions and for Estimates Committee hearings.
- Lead the ongoing management of the department’s internal budgeting activities, including management of key budgetary approaches and assumptions, and manage key budget tracking and reporting tools using SAP, Excel and Power BI.
- Lead the research, analysis and presentation of financial management improvement strategies and other complex issues, proposals and reports to ensure that financial and investment issues, risks or opportunities are appropriately identified and considered.
- Ensure that external and internal reporting requirements are met on a timely and efficient basis.
- Ensure the financial management activities of the department are in accordance with relevant accounting standards, policies and procedures.
- Represent the branch in high level negotiations and discussions at intra and inter departmental committees, bodies, forums and working groups as required.
- Supervise staff in line with quality contemporary human resource practices and policies, and commit to their implementation consistent with the vision, values and strategic intent of the department.
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements:
- Membership of a professional accounting body recognised under section 4 of the Financial Accountability Regulation 2019 is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service is essential.
If this role sounds like you, please APPLY NOW submitting your resume in WORD format.
If you would like more information or to discuss the role, please contact Luuk Piet on 07 3230 0028
Job Reference: 593317
To apply for this job please visit apply.recruitwizard.com.